Second Consecutive Year of Inclusion to the List Honoring Leading MSSP, MDR, and SOCaaS Cybersecurity Companies Worldwide
Avertium, the managed security, and strategic consulting partner to the mid-to-large enterprise has been named to the MSSP Alert Top 250 MSSPs list for 2020. Published by After Nines Inc., the list recognizes the top managed security service providers(MSSPs), managed detection and response (MDR), and Security Operations Center as a Service (SOCaaS) providers worldwide.
“Despite the challenges and accelerated threat landscape brought about by the global pandemic, the Avertium team has remained steadfast in their singular focus on protecting customers’ networks, cloud environments and data. Our inclusion at number 42 is a testament to their grit and determination to help customers show no cybersecurity weakness under even the most adverse conditions.”
Jeff Schmidt, CEO of Avertium
The rankings are based on MSSP Alert’s 2020 readership survey combined with the digital media site’s global editorial coverage of MSSPs. The fourth-annual list has expanded from 2019 (200 honorees) and 2018-2017 (100 honorees) amid MSSP Alert’s continued, organic readership growth.
“After Nines Inc. and MSSP Alert congratulate Avertium on this year’s honor. Despite the coronavirus pandemic, this year’s honorees continue to accelerate their businesses, mitigate customer risk and safeguard digital assets worldwide.”
Amy Katz, CEO of After Nines Inc.
Highlights from the associated MSSP Alert research include:
● MSSP Revenue Growth: MSSP honorees, on average, expect to generate $19.15 million in revenue for 2020, up 16% from $16.47 million in 2019.
● Geography: Honorees are headquartered in 25 different countries -- up from 19 countries in the 2019 report.
● Profits: 84% of MSSPs surveyed expect to be profitable for the fiscal year 2020.
● Security Operations Centers: 67% have in-house SOCs, 24% are hybrid, 6% completely outsource their SOCs, and 3% are reevaluating their SOC strategies.
● Cyberattack Trends: The most frequent attacks targeting MSSP customers in 2020 include phishing (95%), vulnerability (76%) and ransomware (69%) attacks.
● Cybersecurity Solutions: In a continued sign of market fragmentation, MSSP survey participants mentioned 129 different hardware, software, cloud, and services vendors that assist their cybersecurity efforts -- up from 95 in 2019.
● M&A: Mergers, acquisitions, and private equity investments continue to accelerate across the MSSP landscape. Twenty high-profile deals involving MSSP 250 honorees have surfaced since last year’s report.
About After Nines Inc.
After Nines Inc. provides timeless IT guidance for strategic partners and IT security professionals across ChannelE2E (www.ChannelE2E.com) and MSSP Alert (www.MSSPAlert.com). ChannelE2E tracks every stage of the IT service provider journey — from entrepreneur to exit. MSSP Alert is the global voice for Managed Security Services Providers (MSSPs).
Avertium brings a guided, risk-based cybersecurity approach to the mid-to-large enterprise. Leveraging NIST CSF and the MITRE ATT&CK framework, Avertium develops customized, outcome-based roadmaps that enable companies to evolve their cybersecurity posture in the face of the cybersecurity talent shortage, rapidly evolving threat landscape, and budgetary constraints.
Today, more than 2,500 companies from sectors including, financial services, technology, manufacturing, and healthcare, rely on this show-no-weakness approach to extended detection and response (XDR), governance and compliance, and strategic advisory services. Backed by growth equity firm Sunstone Partners, Avertium operates CyberOps Centers of Excellence in Arizona, Colorado, and Tennessee.