In the midst the uncertainty caused by the pandemic, bad actors are launching phishing scams with a COVID-19 angle; many of which are targeting Office 365 users. In the “Catch of the Week” post every Tuesday, we will feature a compilation of the latest articles from our partners and beyond on COVID-19 related scams, phishing campaigns and attacks.
March 21 – 24, 2020
- The three waves of phishing campaigns summarized by KnowBe4
- Phishing scams featuring stimulus checks and vaccines issued by the FBI
- FBI warns that California, New York and Washington are states most at risk for scams
- This article describes fake CDC emails
Basic Precautionary Measures
- Don’t click on links even if it appears to be coming from an official source
- Only use trusted government websites for information
- Do not give out your personal data
- If you are donating to a charity or crowdfunding campaign, check its legitimacy before giving
We are open and ready to help. Contact us by calling our toll-free number or via our online form.